ten things i love…
Recently, Scott from iRunnerBlog was in a running funk, so his friend created a list of reasons why he liked to run. Inspired, Scott wrote his own list, and then asked that others do the same. (There also may be a contest + prizes involved, but nbd).
So in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I figured I’d give this list a try. I’ve also been drastically cutting back on my miles, since I’m doing a 3-week pull-up training workout that leaves my arms numb and my legs bored. So, running—I miss you, and here is why I love ya:
1)The runner’s high at mile five. Always mile five.
2) The wonderful friends I have made.
3) Post-run brunch. Eggs. Always.
4) Long summer runs at Sunken Meadow. Sports bra and shorts. No headphones. Miles and miles of trails. Then run into the ocean.
5) Racing: Putting your bib on and lining up. Excited. Nervous.
6) Having strict “me” time where nothing else matters
7) Speed workouts—200m cutdowns. Running the curve.
8) The sense of accomplishment + pride from the discipline running takes.
9) How it clears my head and improves my mood—always.
10) Spitting. It’s fun. And completely necessary.
Posted on February 14, 2012, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
That’s meeeeeeeontherighhhhhht. One of my favorite photos. I may have to bring this back.