ten things i love…
Recently, Scott from iRunnerBlog was in a running funk, so his friend created a list of reasons why he liked to run. Inspired, Scott wrote his own list, and then asked that others do the same. (There also may be a contest + prizes involved, but nbd).
So in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I figured I’d give this list a try. I’ve also been drastically cutting back on my miles, since I’m doing a 3-week pull-up training workout that leaves my arms numb and my legs bored. So, running—I miss you, and here is why I love ya:
1)The runner’s high at mile five. Always mile five.
2) The wonderful friends I have made.
3) Post-run brunch. Eggs. Always.
4) Long summer runs at Sunken Meadow. Sports bra and shorts. No headphones. Miles and miles of trails. Then run into the ocean.
5) Racing: Putting your bib on and lining up. Excited. Nervous.
6) Having strict “me” time where nothing else matters
7) Speed workouts—200m cutdowns. Running the curve.
8) The sense of accomplishment + pride from the discipline running takes.
9) How it clears my head and improves my mood—always.
10) Spitting. It’s fun. And completely necessary.