seven for sunday
seven things have happened. and it’s sunday.
1) I had an interesting Tuesday. I’m doing a month challenge at greatist (read about here and here!) so I found a free IntenSati class through Shape up NYC. I ventured over to a recreation center in Williamsburg, where a less than friendly lady at the desk took my ID and told me I had to lock my stuff up. (Oddly enough, I had a lock in my bag. I dunno). I walk upstairs to literally…an empty classroom. Book shelves, and no people. Bueller? Teacher finally arrives, and is super nice. People start wandering in… late. ESL students. Really skinny Russian girl. Really fat white dude. A nice Asian. Class is about to begin, until another dude-man walks in with a plaque. A large, important NYC award goes to teacher. She cries. Tells life story. We workout, I sweat. Everyone gets free yoga mats. Class dismissed.
2)Work is a great excuse to bake Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls.
3) Tequila is an even better excuse to eat most of them as a late-night snack.
(no picture..you can’t photograph things that no longer exist)
4) Here is Ali. The picture isn’t blurry, she just looks like that
5) I experienced the best, oh, forty seconds of my life. I was at yoga, and while about 93% of all yoga teachers at Hosh happen to be ladiez, we had a male teacher. He was covered in tattoos, had on weird skater shorts, and was oddly, extremely, attractive. He made jokes. Yoga jokes! And when I was in my less-than-perfect Warrior Two, he came around to me to “lengthen my spine” for awhile. Best Warrior Two ever.
6) You can canoe in Central Park. So I did. And I learned: I am a poor canoer.
7) Hipsters in Brooklyn up-it-up with having Balloons at parties. I wonder what they were celebrating.