24 things I’ve learned
Today I turn 24. And I’m stoked, because I really like the number 24. So to celebrate, here are 24 things* I’ve learned in my little life:
1. (Sober) dancing solves most things.
2. Sushi solves everything else.
3. Birthdays are overrated.
4. You’re never too old to nap. (Ignore the masks.)
5. Life….it gets better. But you have to make it better yourself.
6. Never forget to play hard to get.
7. Don’t walk through a swamp in birkenstocks, then put them in a plastic bag and forget about them. They will mold.
8. When in doubt, eat (and finish) pie.
9. Politics suck. But they’re also important. So follow along.
10. Whiskey shouldn’t be ruined with pickle juice.
11. Your mother and your mother’s mother are just older versions of yourself. Wait for it (…)
12. Long Island may suck, but it’s pretty.
13. Skiing hungover is one of the most nauseating experiences ever created by alcohol and humankind.
14. Alpacas are the cutest animals in the world.
15. Everyone can run a mile.
16. Ghana is a magical place. And so are a thousand other countries. It’s your experience that makes it that way.
17. Playing an instrument is one of life’s secret treasures. (Yep, I just used the phrase “life’s secret treasures”…)
18. Ginger ale may be better than water.
19. Weekday happy hours are better than (most) Saturday nights.
20. Pool tables should be in every bar.
21. Pitching a tent is very gratifying.
22. Eat well mostly because it’s delicious, then because it’s healthy.
23. $5 Beer + shot is why I like Brooklyn.
24. When you need something pretty in your life, just look up. Skies are always beautiful.
*Hopefully by next year, I can learn one more thing.