1) On Friday, Ali and I met on the LES to go to a bar & see a show. Yet once we got there, neither of us wanted to drink or pay $10 to see the band, so we decided to walk home. Over the bridge. Here I am “modeling” with Flat Stanley.
2) The two of us are also on a seltzer/diet ginger-ale kick. It’s bad. And too good. We brought over our own ”six-pack” for the Superbowl last week and kicked back with some carbonation.
4) My best friend Danielle was chosen to shoot for Fashion Week, because she is baller. And amazing. Here is one of her instagram photos. I can’t wait for her to become famous.
5) The only thing I miss about the summer is riding the train with this one and doing the crossword. Thankfully, the tradition was brought back for a short while when Nic stayed with me last week. (The easier the crossword, the better.)
6) I did not have a lick of alcohol this weekend, but probably only because I had my fair share w/ my partner-of-crime on Wednesday. What was supposed to be a quick “grab a beer and catchup” at our local bar quickly turned into way too many free shots of tequila (after I ironically wrote an article on the health effects of binge drinking). Woops.
7) I recently stumbled upon this blog and became enamored with this post. Kolby Kirk hiked the Pacific Crest Trail and recorded his travels in five mole-skin journals. It’s such a beautiful way to capture memories—putting things down by hand, having them tangible. (You know, unlike a blog…)
8) This weekend, I also had the pleasure of helping ref the New York Rogue Runners Hot Dog Challenge. The race? A 3-mile course that involved stopping at eleven hot-dog stands. Eleven. And eating a hotdog at each one. I recruited my friend David Tao, because although he is not really a runner, he is an eater. And you know what? He beat everyone. And won $250! He’s a Greatist!